Monday 22 April 2013

Book Review: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

I was so excited to finally read the last book in the "The Infernal Devices'"series and I was not disappointed!

Cassandra Clare has written a fantastic finale book. I often feel let down by the last book in a series; sometimes they are anticlimatic, lack a fast paced plot, or just don't end the way I hoped.

The quality we expect from her is the same as her other novels and the plot moves along at a perfect pace. It was really cool to see all the characters fully develop especially Tris. Lots of questions were answered, which I find very satisfying- it's so annoying when a series ends and you are left wondering what happened!

Will was my favourite character in this book, I think, because I admired his strength in keeping his feelings toward Tessa hidden and staying strong for Jem. I like that he is such a mixture of right and wrong, cruel and kind and open but secretive at the same time. Complex characters that you can relate to have always been a seller for me ( think Tris in Divergent by Veronica Roth).

For a YA novel, this book dealt with some pretty strong themes: a love triangle, death, betrayal and trust issues. It's one of my favourite things about most YA books.

Overall, a great read and I can't wait for the next Cassandra Clare novel!

Julia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment